Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Ginger Cookies (Gluten free/Vegan/Refined sugar free)

So I'm on my iphone right now doing about 10 things at once, but one of those 10 things is making cookies, and I just had to post the recipe ASAP. I recently discovered I can't have chocolate (I know. Don't even get me started.) so I've been doing a lot of self discovery through finding non-chocolate recipes I like. First thing I've discovered along my journey? Everything needs chocolate. BUT these ginger cookies are pretty darn good, they're SUPER simple, and they make me feel like the holidays are coming, even if it is 86 degrees out.

Hope you enjoy!




Ginger Cookies (Gluten Free, Vegan, Refined Sugar Free)

1 Cup Honeyville almond flour
1/2 Cup oat flour (or 1/2 cup old fashioned oats) *you can use all almond flour if you want. Cookies will be much softer and chewier instead of crisp and chewy.
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup Spectrum shortening
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 tsp ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon molasses
Dash of salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


  • Put everything in the bowl of your food processor and process until the dough comes together. If you're using oats instead of oat flour put your oats in first and pulse a few times until they're ground up, then continue adding everything else.
  • Roll into Tablespoon size balls and press down with a fork, or if you want a thicker cookie just leave them.
  • Bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes. Let cool on pan for a few minutes before transferring to baking rack.


These would taste really yummy frosted. Just saying.

No comments :

Post a Comment